Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Metallica - The black album cover explained

I was reading a post about Historical Flags of the USA today.

Then, I see this picture:



And I think
-"What the hell is that on the upper right? That's the snake on the Metallica Black Album"
I am not american you see, and I am not an expert in intricate civil war data.

So, anyway, I see the goddam snake.
The same snake as on the cover of the Black Album



And I read "Don't Tread On me"
Which is the title of Track n°6 on the Black Album

AHA !!!, a lightbulb shines above my hair.
I an feel the heat of a genius dicovery.

I find something else



This flag represented a group of about one hundred minutemen from Culpeper, Virginia. The group formed part of Colonel Patrick Henry's First Virginia Regiment of 1775. In October-November 1775 three hundred such minutemen, led by Colonel Stevens, assembled at Culpeper Court House and marched for Williamsburg. Their unusual dress alarmed the people as they marched through the country. The word "LIBERTY OR DEATH" were in large white letters on the breast of their hunting shirts. They had bucks' tails in their hats and in their belts, tomahawks and scalping knives.

It also reads "Liberty or Death", which is part of the lyrics of the song.


Discover Metallica!


don't tread on Me.
said Don't tread on Me.

Liberty or death, what we so proudly hail
once you provoke her, rattling of her tail
never begins it, never, but once engaged...
never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage
said don't tread on me


Today I've learned the background of my favourite album ever

yes, Lars Ulrich is an Idiot
yes, James Hetfield is a Redneck (which is why I'm not surprised about everything I've found)
yes, they threw Dave Mustaine, a living god, out
yes, Cliff Burton rocked (but his sound was badly reproduced on the albums)
yes, Jason Newsted is incompetent, but he had the best haircut in Rock history

I just loved that dam album !!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: