Tuesday, August 26, 2008

how the devil saved my life

...and the price i had to pay


my eyelids are heavy
very heavy
i open my eyes

i've almost hit the rail
i almost crashed my car on the highway

I need to wake the fuck up already

I have two red bulls, and all their mix of caffeine, taurine and a hell of a lot of sugar running up and down my veins.
They are useless
I need to wake the fuck up already

I push the gas pedal, i need some adrenaline.
It helps. but it won't get me through

I get out at the next rest area.
I Stop next to all the happy families.
Children are screaming.
The heat is unbearable.
I walk around a little bit.
I take a leak.
I stretch
I need to wake the fuck up already

I get back in the car
Then

The devil tells me:
-"I can save you, I can get you home safely"
-"really??"
-"Yes, but you must do as I tell you"

I am desperate
I don't want to die
I figure that since I'm probably going to be going to hell anyway....
-"Ok, what do I have to do?"

-"Go to your Ipod, and start browsing, I shall give you the most evil music imaginable.
Music that will make it impossible for you to sleep. Music that will allow to see your family and friends again"

I start browsing:

Black Sabbath....no
Children Of Bodom....no
Cradle Of Filth.....no
Emperor.....no
Entombed.....no
Enslaved......no
Exodus....no
Hammerfall....no
In Flames.....no
Kreator.....no
Manowar.....no
Marilyn Manson.....no
Megadeth....no
Metallica.....no
Nirvana.....no
Rage Against The Machine....no
Rammstein......no
Rob Zombie......No
Sepultura.....nope
Slayer....surely not !!

I get nervous.
If Slayer is not it, then what is?
I ask the Devil
-"Isn't any of these evil enough? Surely one of them must be?"
-"Not even close my dear pundit. They will put you to sleep.
They are fast, but their sound is too monotonous, you minion will not resist long"
-"?"
-"You need something else, you need the most obnoxious, catchy, ear blasting music ever created by man. Music even more satanic and diabolical than an ABBA/Village-People Crossover.
You need:

The Bee Gees"

Suddenly,
I see a Best Of the Bee Gees.
26 tracks !!
how did that end up in my ipod. was the devil aware of iTunes?
I thought the devil was an archaic creature, one of great power but not one capable of such an atrocious and devilish act.

I click on the play button.
I fall under the spell.

Here I am.
Eyes wide open.
Screaming louder than a 13 year old japanese girl at a Take That concert.

-Jive Talking
-Night Fever
-You Should Be Dancing
-Stayin' Alive
-How Deep is Your Love
-If I can't Have You
-You stepped into my life
-More than a Woman
-etc.

Songs about death, and violence, about tragedy, murder and sadness: Love Songs embedded in a boogie and led by the womanliest voice a man

can have.

Not only was I under a musical enchantment.
As the choruses of staying alive blared for the first time, the visions appeared.
Visions of tackyness, of John Travolta dancing on a Glass-colored-illumintaed-squares floor.

But it works.
And, because I persist in accomplishing the devil's task, he sends me a gift.
He sends me companions.
I look in the rear view mirror. Cars are moving to the outmost-right lane. In the far back, I can see three stand-alone head lights glaring

through the early afternoon sunlight.

I first think of policemen. But traffic cops travel by pairs.
These is a threesome death oblivious motorists speeding like crazed maniacs, swallowing the asphalt with their 16" Michelin Tires, insects

exploding on their helmets.
They are a convoy of devil saviours: Belphegor, Thanatos and Lucifer.

I follow them.
I start driving like I hadn't done since my early days; pedal to the metal, quenching my gasoil thirst, lashing on every horse-power the

turbo of my engine can provide; as when I was a happy owner of a fresh and new driver's license.
I am young.
I am immortal.
I am listening to the Bee Gees.
I have awoken the fuck up.

I get home safely.
My ears hurt.
I feel woozy.
My sould now belongs to the Devil.
There is no hart in my chest. It's been torn out.
I have no breath
I have no reflection.
Most of all I need to rest, it's been too long a drive.

But I'm going to watch HellBoy2 First.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: