Tuesday, May 13, 2008

No time for love Dr. Jones

So, the other day I was at a friend's (Bmook) watching "Temple of Doom" and there he is. the little asian dude that keeps saying "Dr. Jones - Dr.Jones" and who wears wooden blocks under his feet to drive a car.



and then, I see it clearly, something my 8 year-old mind couldn't see at the time.

that little asian dude...its fucking Data



Data is one of the Goonies.

so anyway. I decide I must be sure. I cannot live with this uncertainty.
So when I get back home, I start watching the goonies, and there he is...little asian dude.

so the next day, I tell Bmook:

-"dude!! I was right, it WAS Data"

-"really, holy shit, cool"

-"what are you talking about?" (am-pm, Bmook's girlfriend asks)

-Bmook: "Indiana jones...bla bla bla, Goonies, bla bla, Data, Bla bla, The Truffle-Shuffle blah blah"

-am-pm:"What are The Goonies? I've never seen the Goonies"

-....

-....

-Bmook: we're through - well at least until you've seen The Goonies


Yeah, all I could feel when I heard that she hadn't seen the Goonies was that her childhood must have been miserable. well maybe not, but it would have ruled if she had seen The Goonies.

Its kind of as bad as not having seen E.T.

That's what I said anyway.

then Bmook said: "I used to be scared of ET, I thought he was hiding in my closet"

....

And then he said something else:"I've never seen the Godfather movies"

-"What???? But, but, there were 3 of them? you haven't seen any???"

-"nope"

-"but, but, that's not possible - godfather 2 is in any Top 3 movies of all time of any listing ever"

So the weekend is over.
a weekend of shocking revelations, dinners, parties and concerts (Justice and Morcheeba),

and now,

back to life, back to reality (and yes i am singing this phrase)

oh, and here is the Truffle Shuffle:

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: